Step into the past with our Rosetta Day Trip from Alexandria. Explore the historical charm of Rosetta, where the Rosetta Stone was discovered, and immerse yourself in its rich heritage. Book now for instant confirmation and a day filled with history and culture.
Join us on a remarkable journey from Alexandria to Rosetta, a town steeped in history and famed for its connection to the Rosetta Stone. This day trip provides a unique opportunity to explore the cultural treasures and landmarks of this charming Egyptian town.
Highlights of the Tour:
- Rosetta Stone Museum: Discover the history of the famous Rosetta Stone, a key to deciphering Egyptian hieroglyphs, and learn about its significance in Egyptology.
- Rosetta’s Seafront Promenade: Stroll along the scenic promenade overlooking the Mediterranean Sea, offering stunning views and a serene atmosphere.
- Qaitbay Fort: Explore the impressive Qaitbay Fort, a 15th-century citadel, and enjoy panoramic views of the town and its surroundings.
- Ibn Hani Al Andalusi Mosque: Visit this historic mosque known for its architectural beauty and intricate design.
- Expert-guided tour for an informative and immersive experience.
- Hassle-free transportation from Alexandria to Rosetta.
- Instant confirmation and online booking for convenience.
- A chance to explore a town with a unique place in Egypt’s history.
- Optional customizable pick-up time to accommodate your schedule.
8:00 AM: Pick-up from your hotel in Alexandria
10:00 AM: Visit the Rosetta Stone Museum
12:00 PM: Explore Rosetta’s Seafront Promenade and enjoy lunch at a local restaurant
2:00 PM: Visit Qaitbay Fort
3:30 PM: Discover Ibn Hani Al Andalusi Mosque
6:00 PM: Depart from Rosetta and return to Alexandria
8:00 PM: Drop-off at your hotel in Alexandria
- Round-trip transportation from Alexandria in a comfortable air-conditioned vehicle
- Professional English-speaking guide
- Entrance fees to attractions
- Lunch at a local restaurant
- Bottled water during the tour
- Gratuities for your guide and driver
- Personal expenses
- Additional activities not mentioned in the itinerary
|Single||2- 3 Persons||4-6 Persons||7-10 Persons|
|90 $||70 $||65 $||60 $|
Tips and Advice for Travelers:
- Wear comfortable clothing and suitable walking shoes.
- Bring sunscreen, a hat, and sunglasses for sun protection.
- Have some local currency for small purchases and tipping.
- Stay hydrated, especially on warm days.
- Customize your pick-up time to fit your schedule with prior notice.
- This tour operates daily.
- The order of the itinerary may change for an optimal experience.
- Is this tour suitable for children? Yes, it is family-friendly, and we offer discounted rates for children under 12.
- Do I need to bring my passport? It’s advisable to carry identification, but a passport is not required for this tour.
- Is this tour wheelchair accessible? Some sites may have limited accessibility. Please contact us for specific accessibility concerns.
Traveler’s Guide: Read This Before You Embark on Your Trip
- Footwear Comfort: Ensure you wear comfortable shoes, as you’ll be doing a lot of walking and exploring.
- Local SIM Card: Consider purchasing a local SIM card for convenient and affordable access to mobile data and calls.
- Currency: Carry some Egyptian pounds as the local currency, which will be widely accepted in most places.
- Basic Arabic Phrases: Learning a few Arabic phrases like “Shokran” (Thank you) and “Mn Fadlak” (Please) can go a long way in communication and showing respect to the local culture.
- Culinary Adventures: Don’t miss out on trying traditional Egyptian dishes like Ful and Ta’meya, which are both delicious and a cultural experience.
- Stay Hydrated: It’s important to stay hydrated, especially during the scorching summer months. Carry a water bottle with you.
- Weekend Days: Note that the weekend in Egypt is on Friday and Saturday, so plan your activities and visits accordingly.
- Metro Travel: The Cairo Metro is one of the quickest and most cost-effective ways to get around the city, so consider using it for transportation.
- Tour Guide: Having a knowledgeable tour guide can enhance your experience in Egypt, as they can provide insights into the history and culture of the places you visit.
- Pyramids of Giza and the Sphinx: Explore the iconic Pyramids of Giza, including the Great Pyramid, and visit the enigmatic Sphinx nearby.
- Khan El Khalili Bazaar: Shop for souvenirs and immerse yourself in the vibrant atmosphere of the Khan El Khalili Bazaar in Old Cairo.
- Islamic & Coptic Attractions: Experience the rich history and spirituality of Old Cairo by visiting its Islamic and Coptic attractions, including mosques and churches.
- Luxor’s Majestic Temples & Tombs: Witness the grandeur of Luxor by exploring its magnificent temples like Karnak and Luxor Temple, as well as the Valley of the Kings and Queens.
- Egyptian Museum: Rediscover Egypt’s fascinating history at the Egyptian Museum in Cairo, home to countless ancient artifacts, including Tutankhamun’s treasures.
- Philae and Abu Simbel Temples: Visit the stunning temples of Philae in Aswan and the colossal Abu Simbel temples, known for their incredible architecture and history.
- Nile Cruise: Take a picturesque Nile Cruise from Luxor to Aswan, or the reverse journey, to witness the beauty of the Nile River and explore historical sites along the way.
- Egyptian Oases: Discover the natural allure of Egyptian oases like Siwa and Bahariya, where you can experience a tranquil desert landscape and unique culture.
- Red Sea Adventures: Enjoy water activities like swimming, diving, and snorkeling in resort cities along the Red Sea, such as Hurghada and Sharm El Sheikh, known for their beautiful coral reefs and marine life.