Escape the bustling city life of Alexandria and immerse yourself in the peaceful oasis of Wadi El-Natrun. Our Wadi El-Natrun Day Trip offers a tranquil adventure, allowing you to explore this sacred desert and its monastic heritage. Book now for instant confirmation and a serene day in nature.
Venture beyond Alexandria’s urban chaos on our Wadi El-Natrun Day Trip, where the serene desert landscape and centuries-old monastic traditions await. This day trip is designed for those seeking tranquility and spiritual enrichment amidst the natural beauty of Wadi El-Natrun.
Highlights of the Tour:
- Monastery of Saint Macarius the Great: Discover the history and spirituality of one of Egypt’s most ancient monasteries, founded in the 4th century.
- Monastery of Saint Bishoy: Visit the tranquil surroundings of Saint Bishoy Monastery, home to a rich religious heritage and serene desert landscapes.
- Monastery of Saint Mary (Deir El Adra): Explore the spiritual sanctuary of Saint Mary’s Monastery and its unique Coptic Christian architecture.
- Monastery of Anba Bishoy: Immerse yourself in the spiritual ambiance of Anba Bishoy Monastery, dedicated to the memory of a revered Coptic saint.
- Expert-guided tour for an informative experience.
- Hassle-free transportation from Alexandria to Wadi El-Natrun.
- Instant confirmation and online booking for your convenience.
- Spiritual and serene experience in the desert oasis.
- Optional customizable pick-up time for a flexible schedule.
8:00 AM: Pick-up from your hotel in Alexandria
10:00 AM: Visit the Monastery of Saint Macarius the Great
12:00 PM: Explore the Monastery of Saint Bishoy
1:00 PM: Enjoy a traditional Coptic Christian lunch at one of the monasteries
2:00 PM: Discover the Monastery of Saint Mary (Deir El Adra)
3:00 PM: Visit the Monastery of Anba Bishoy
6:00 PM: Depart from Wadi El-Natrun and return to Alexandria
8:00 PM: Drop-off at your hotel in Alexandria
- Round-trip transportation from Alexandria in a comfortable air-conditioned vehicle
- Professional English-speaking guide
- Entrance fees to the monasteries
- Traditional Coptic Christian lunch at one of the monasteries
- Bottled water during the tour
- Gratuities for your guide and driver
- Personal expenses
- Additional activities not mentioned in the itinerary
|Single||2-3 ?People||5-8?People||9-15 People|
Tips and Advice for Travelers:
- Dress modestly, covering shoulders and knees, when visiting the monasteries out of respect for their religious traditions.
- Carry local currency for small purchases and tipping.
- Stay hydrated during the tour, particularly in the desert climate.
- Customize your pick-up time to fit your schedule with advance notice.
- This tour operates daily.
- The order of the itinerary may change for the best experience.
- Some sites may have restrictions during religious services.
- Is this tour suitable for children? Yes, it is family-friendly, and we offer discounted rates for children under 12.
- Do I need to bring my passport? It’s advisable to carry identification, but a passport is not required for this tour.
- Is this tour wheelchair accessible? Some sites may have limited accessibility. Please contact us for specific accessibility concerns.
Traveler’s Guide: Read This Before You Embark on Your Trip
- Footwear Comfort: Ensure you wear comfortable shoes, as you’ll be doing a lot of walking and exploring.
- Local SIM Card: Consider purchasing a local SIM card for convenient and affordable access to mobile data and calls.
- Currency: Carry some Egyptian pounds as the local currency, which will be widely accepted in most places.
- Basic Arabic Phrases: Learning a few Arabic phrases like “Shokran” (Thank you) and “Mn Fadlak” (Please) can go a long way in communication and showing respect to the local culture.
- Culinary Adventures: Don’t miss out on trying traditional Egyptian dishes like Ful and Ta’meya, which are both delicious and a cultural experience.
- Stay Hydrated: It’s important to stay hydrated, especially during the scorching summer months. Carry a water bottle with you.
- Weekend Days: Note that the weekend in Egypt is on Friday and Saturday, so plan your activities and visits accordingly.
- Metro Travel: The Cairo Metro is one of the quickest and most cost-effective ways to get around the city, so consider using it for transportation.
- Tour Guide: Having a knowledgeable tour guide can enhance your experience in Egypt, as they can provide insights into the history and culture of the places you visit.
- Pyramids of Giza and the Sphinx: Explore the iconic Pyramids of Giza, including the Great Pyramid, and visit the enigmatic Sphinx nearby.
- Khan El Khalili Bazaar: Shop for souvenirs and immerse yourself in the vibrant atmosphere of the Khan El Khalili Bazaar in Old Cairo.
- Islamic & Coptic Attractions: Experience the rich history and spirituality of Old Cairo by visiting its Islamic and Coptic attractions, including mosques and churches.
- Luxor’s Majestic Temples & Tombs: Witness the grandeur of Luxor by exploring its magnificent temples like Karnak and Luxor Temple, as well as the Valley of the Kings and Queens.
- Egyptian Museum: Rediscover Egypt’s fascinating history at the Egyptian Museum in Cairo, home to countless ancient artifacts, including Tutankhamun’s treasures.
- Philae and Abu Simbel Temples: Visit the stunning temples of Philae in Aswan and the colossal Abu Simbel temples, known for their incredible architecture and history.
- Nile Cruise: Take a picturesque Nile Cruise from Luxor to Aswan, or the reverse journey, to witness the beauty of the Nile River and explore historical sites along the way.
- Egyptian Oases: Discover the natural allure of Egyptian oases like Siwa and Bahariya, where you can experience a tranquil desert landscape and unique culture.
- Red Sea Adventures: Enjoy water activities like swimming, diving, and snorkeling in resort cities along the Red Sea, such as Hurghada and Sharm El Sheikh, known for their beautiful coral reefs and marine life.