Journey through Alexandria’s rich history with our Guided Historical Sights Live Tour. Explore the city’s captivating past, from ancient ruins to historic landmarks, guided by an expert live tour guide. Book now for an immersive historical adventure and instant confirmation.
Join us for an unforgettable exploration of Alexandria’s historical treasures with our Guided Historical Sights Live Tour. Led by an expert live tour guide, this experience provides a deep dive into the city’s fascinating past, showcasing its ancient ruins and iconic landmarks.
- Qaitbay Citadel: Discover the majestic fortress with its rich history, offering panoramic views of the Mediterranean Sea.
- Pompey’s Pillar: Marvel at the towering column, an iconic symbol of Alexandria’s historical significance.
- Catacombs of Kom El Shoqafa: Explore the eerie yet captivating catacombs, a unique fusion of Egyptian, Greek, and Roman influences.
- Montaza Palace Gardens: Stroll through the lush gardens of Montaza Palace, once a royal retreat, and savor the tranquil beauty.
- Live guided tour for an interactive and educational experience.
- Hassle-free exploration of Alexandria’s historical sites.
- Instant confirmation and online booking for convenience.
- A well-structured itinerary highlighting the city’s historical gems.
- Optional customizable pick-up time for a flexible schedule.
- 9:00 AM: Pickup from your Alexandria hotel or a designated meeting point
- Start the tour with a visit to the Library of Alexandria, marveling at its stunning architecture and learning about its historical significance
- Proceed to the Citadel of Qaitbay, exploring the fortress and enjoying panoramic views of the city and the sea
- Visit the Catacombs of Kom El Shoqafa, uncovering the ancient burial chambers and intricate artwork
- Take a break for lunch at a local restaurant, savoring authentic Egyptian cuisine
- Continue the tour with a visit to Montaza Palace, wandering through its beautiful gardens and admiring the palace’s architecture
- Conclude the tour with a relaxing walk along the Corniche Promenade, soaking in the Mediterranean views
- 4:00 PM: Drop-off at your Alexandria hotel or the designated meeting point
- Live guided tour by a professional English-speaking guide
- Entrance fees to the attractions
- Bottled water during the tour
- Gratuities for your guide
- Personal expenses
- Transportation to and from your hotel
- Adults: $59 per person
- Children (under 12 years): $49 per person
Tips and Advice for Travelers:
- Dress comfortably for walking and wear suitable footwear.
- Bring sunscreen, a hat, and sunglasses for sun protection.
- Carry local currency for small purchases and tipping.
- Stay hydrated during the tour.
- Customize your pick-up time to fit your schedule with prior notice.
- This tour operates daily.
- The order of the itinerary may change for an optimal experience.
- Is this tour suitable for children? Yes, it is family-friendly, and we offer discounted rates for children under 12.
- Can I book this tour for a different pick-up time? Yes, we offer customizable pick-up times to fit your schedule. Please inform us in advance.
- Do I need to bring my passport? It’s advisable to carry identification, but a passport is not required for this tour.
- Is this tour wheelchair accessible? Some sites may have limited accessibility. Please contact us for specific accessibility concerns.
Traveler’s Guide: Read This Before You Embark on Your Trip
- Footwear Comfort: Ensure you wear comfortable shoes, as you’ll be doing a lot of walking and exploring.
- Local SIM Card: Consider purchasing a local SIM card for convenient and affordable access to mobile data and calls.
- Currency: Carry some Egyptian pounds as the local currency, which will be widely accepted in most places.
- Basic Arabic Phrases: Learning a few Arabic phrases like “Shokran” (Thank you) and “Mn Fadlak” (Please) can go a long way in communication and showing respect to the local culture.
- Culinary Adventures: Don’t miss out on trying traditional Egyptian dishes like Ful and Ta’meya, which are both delicious and a cultural experience.
- Stay Hydrated: It’s important to stay hydrated, especially during the scorching summer months. Carry a water bottle with you.
- Weekend Days: Note that the weekend in Egypt is on Friday and Saturday, so plan your activities and visits accordingly.
- Metro Travel: The Cairo Metro is one of the quickest and most cost-effective ways to get around the city, so consider using it for transportation.
- Tour Guide: Having a knowledgeable tour guide can enhance your experience in Egypt, as they can provide insights into the history and culture of the places you visit.
- Pyramids of Giza and the Sphinx: Explore the iconic Pyramids of Giza, including the Great Pyramid, and visit the enigmatic Sphinx nearby.
- Khan El Khalili Bazaar: Shop for souvenirs and immerse yourself in the vibrant atmosphere of the Khan El Khalili Bazaar in Old Cairo.
- Islamic & Coptic Attractions: Experience the rich history and spirituality of Old Cairo by visiting its Islamic and Coptic attractions, including mosques and churches.
- Luxor’s Majestic Temples & Tombs: Witness the grandeur of Luxor by exploring its magnificent temples like Karnak and Luxor Temple, as well as the Valley of the Kings and Queens.
- Egyptian Museum: Rediscover Egypt’s fascinating history at the Egyptian Museum in Cairo, home to countless ancient artifacts, including Tutankhamun’s treasures.
- Philae and Abu Simbel Temples: Visit the stunning temples of Philae in Aswan and the colossal Abu Simbel temples, known for their incredible architecture and history.
- Nile Cruise: Take a picturesque Nile Cruise from Luxor to Aswan, or the reverse journey, to witness the beauty of the Nile River and explore historical sites along the way.
- Egyptian Oases: Discover the natural allure of Egyptian oases like Siwa and Bahariya, where you can experience a tranquil desert landscape and unique culture.
- Red Sea Adventures: Enjoy water activities like swimming, diving, and snorkeling in resort cities along the Red Sea, such as Hurghada and Sharm El Sheikh, known for their beautiful coral reefs and marine life.