Alexandria, Egypt, a city steeped in history and embraced by the Mediterranean’s embrace, beckons travelers with a treasure trove of experiences. As we embark on this virtual journey, we invite you to discover the top 10 things to do in Alexandria, offering a glimpse into the city’s captivating blend of ancient wonders, cultural riches, and coastal beauty.
Recommended The 10 Best Things To Do in Alexandria,Egypt
Embark on a full-day adventure in Alexandria, a city steeped in history and renowned for its captivating blend of ancient and modern attractions. Our expert tour guide will pick you up from your hotel and accompany you throughout the day, ensuring a personalized and informative experience. From the legendary Library of Alexandria to the picturesque Cornish, you’ll explore the city’s iconic landmarks and hidden gems View Tour Details
Our Cairo Excursion from Alexandria is a carefully crafted tour designed to provide you with a comprehensive experience of Egypt’s capital city. From the awe-inspiring Giza Pyramids to the ancient artifacts housed in the Egyptian Museum, this tour encompasses the highlights of Cairo’s rich heritage. With comfortable transportation, expert guides, and customizable options, we ensure a hassle-free and personalized journey View Tour Details
Explore the enchanting city of Alexandria on our captivating day tour from Cairo. Immerse yourself in the rich history, cultural heritage, and breathtaking coastal beauty of Alexandria, known as the Jewel of the Mediterranean. From ancient wonders like the Catacombs of Kom El Shoqafa to the majestic Bibliotheca Alexandrina, this tour offers a glimpse into Egypt’s fascinating past and vibrant present View Tour Details
Embark on a condensed yet immersive exploration of Alexandria with our Half Day Tour. Witness the city’s iconic landmarks, delve into its fascinating history, and experience the vibrant atmosphere that blends tradition with modernity. With convenient pickup, expert guides, and a carefully curated itinerary, this tour provides a perfect snapshot of Alexandria’s unique charm View Tour Details
Join us on a captivating day trip to Wadi El-Natrun, known as the Valley of Natron, located just a short distance from Alexandria. This tour will take you to the heart of Egypt’s Christian heritage, where you’ll visit the renowned monastic complexes that have been home to monks for centuries. Discover the spiritual significance, architectural beauty, and rich history of these ancient monasteries View Tour Details
Join us on a captivating journey to Rosetta, a hidden gem nestled on the banks of the Nile Delta. This day trip from Alexandria offers a unique opportunity to explore the town’s historical sites, engage with local traditions, and soak in the natural beauty of the surrounding landscapes. Our expert guide will accompany you throughout the tour, providing insightful commentary and ensuring a seamless travel experience View Tour Details
Embark on an unforgettable journey from Cairo to Alexandria, a city steeped in history and legends. Our Full-Day Historical Alexandria Tour is designed to provide a comprehensive exploration of this ancient metropolis, offering a perfect blend of iconic sights, fascinating museums, and local experiences. Led by expert guides, this tour guarantees an insightful and enriching experience for history enthusiasts, culture aficionados, and curious travelers alike View Tour Details
Discover the wonders of Cairo, Giza, and the Egyptian Museum on our full-day tour from Alexandria. This carefully crafted itinerary combines the awe-inspiring Giza Pyramids, the enigmatic Sphinx, and the world-renowned Egyptian Museum for an immersive experience in Egyptian history and culture. Led by expert guides, this tour promises a journey through time, showcasing the iconic landmarks that have fascinated travelers for centuries View Tour Details
Uncover the fascinating Greek history of Alexandria on our guided city tour. As the center of Hellenistic civilization, Alexandria boasts a wealth of ancient Greek landmarks and cultural treasures. Visit the impressive Kom El-Dikka archaeological site, the renowned Pompey’s Pillar, and the stunning Roman Amphitheatre. Learn about the city’s connections to Alexander the Great, Cleopatra, and the Ptolemaic dynasty View Tour Details
Experience the captivating history of Alexandria with our Guided Historical Sights Live Tour Guide. Led by expert local guides, this immersive tour takes you through the city’s historical landmarks, including the legendary Library of Alexandria, the impressive Citadel of Qaitbay, and the fascinating Catacombs of Kom El Shoqafa. With the convenience of live tour commentary and the option to customize your pickup time, this tour promises an informative and personalized experience View Tour Details
Our overnight tour takes you on a captivating adventure, exploring the ancient treasures of Cairo, including the iconic Great Pyramid and the world-renowned Egyptian Museum. With the convenience of an overnight stay, expert guides, and the option for customizations, this tour offers an immersive and hassle-free experience View Tour Details
You Embark on Your Trip
- Footwear Comfort: Ensure you wear comfortable shoes, as you’ll be doing a lot of walking and exploring.
- Local SIM Card: Consider purchasing a local SIM card for convenient and affordable access to mobile data and calls.
- Currency: Carry some Egyptian pounds as the local currency, which will be widely accepted in most places.
- Basic Arabic Phrases: Learning a few Arabic phrases like “Shokran” (Thank you) and “Mn Fadlak” (Please) can go a long way in communication and showing respect to the local culture.
- Culinary Adventures: Don’t miss out on trying traditional Egyptian dishes like Ful and Ta’meya, which are both delicious and a cultural experience.
- Stay Hydrated: It’s important to stay hydrated, especially during the scorching summer months. Carry a water bottle with you.
- Weekend Days: Note that the weekend in Egypt is on Friday and Saturday, so plan your activities and visits accordingly.
- Metro Travel: The Cairo Metro is one of the quickest and most cost-effective ways to get around the city, so consider using it for transportation.
- Tour Guide: Having a knowledgeable tour guide can enhance your experience in Egypt, as they can provide insights into the history and culture of the places you visit.
- Pyramids of Giza and the Sphinx: Explore the iconic Pyramids of Giza, including the Great Pyramid, and visit the enigmatic Sphinx nearby.
- Khan El Khalili Bazaar: Shop for souvenirs and immerse yourself in the vibrant atmosphere of the Khan El Khalili Bazaar in Old Cairo.
- Islamic & Coptic Attractions: Experience the rich history and spirituality of Old Cairo by visiting its Islamic and Coptic attractions, including mosques and churches.
- Luxor’s Majestic Temples & Tombs: Witness the grandeur of Luxor by exploring its magnificent temples like Karnak and Luxor Temple, as well as the Valley of the Kings and Queens.
- Egyptian Museum: Rediscover Egypt’s fascinating history at the Egyptian Museum in Cairo, home to countless ancient artifacts, including Tutankhamun’s treasures.
- Philae and Abu Simbel Temples: Visit the stunning temples of Philae in Aswan and the colossal Abu Simbel temples, known for their incredible architecture and history.
- Nile Cruise: Take a picturesque Nile Cruise from Luxor to Aswan, or the reverse journey, to witness the beauty of the Nile River and explore historical sites along the way.
- Egyptian Oases: Discover the natural allure of Egyptian oases like Siwa and Bahariya, where you can experience a tranquil desert landscape and unique culture.
- Red Sea Adventures: Enjoy water activities like swimming, diving, and snorkeling in resort cities along the Red Sea, such as Hurghada and Sharm El Sheikh, known for their beautiful coral reefs and marine life.
The 10 Best Things To Do in Alexandria,Egypt FAQs
- What are the top things to do in Alexandria, Egypt? The top things to do in Alexandria include visiting the Qaitbay Citadel, exploring the Library of Alexandria, descending into the Catacombs of Kom El Shoqafa, relaxing at Montaza Palace, and strolling along the Corniche.
- Is it possible to visit these attractions in a single day in Alexandria? While it’s possible to visit some of these attractions in a single day, exploring them thoroughly may require more time. To enjoy the highlights of Alexandria, consider a two-day visit to cover the major attractions comfortably.
- Are there any beach activities in Alexandria? Yes, you can enjoy beach activities in Alexandria, particularly at Montaza Beach and other beachfront areas. Swimming, sunbathing, and water sports are popular pastimes.
- Can I take a boat tour in Alexandria to explore the coastline and islands? Boat tours are available in Alexandria, offering the chance to explore the coastline, islands, and the Mediterranean Sea. These tours can provide scenic views of the city and the sea.
- Are there cultural events or festivals in Alexandria throughout the year? Alexandria hosts various cultural events and festivals, including film festivals, music events, and art exhibitions. Check the local event calendar for information on upcoming cultural activities.
- Is it safe to swim in the Mediterranean Sea at Alexandria’s beaches? Swimming in the Mediterranean Sea at Alexandria’s public beaches is generally safe. However, it’s advisable to follow local recommendations and be mindful of any posted warnings or flags regarding water conditions.
- What is the best way to explore the historic and cultural sites of Alexandria? The best way to explore Alexandria’s historic and cultural sites is to hire a local guide, join a guided tour, or use a map and guidebook to navigate the city’s attractions. Local guides can provide valuable insights into the city’s history.
- Is Alexandria a walkable city for tourists? Alexandria is a walkable city, especially in the central and coastal areas. Walking along the Corniche and exploring downtown is enjoyable and convenient. For attractions located farther apart, you may opt for taxis or public transportation.
- Is there a dress code for visiting historical and religious sites in Alexandria? When visiting historical and religious sites, it’s respectful to dress modestly, covering shoulders and knees. This applies to both men and women. Comfortable footwear for walking is also important.
- Are there dining options for trying local Egyptian cuisine in Alexandria? Alexandria offers a range of dining options where you can sample local Egyptian cuisine. Seafood dishes are a specialty in the city, and you can find traditional Egyptian dishes and international cuisine as well.
- Is there a specific time of year when Alexandria experiences fewer tourists? Alexandria tends to be less crowded with tourists during the off-peak travel seasons, which are typically in the hot summer months. However, the shoulder seasons of spring and fall offer pleasant weather and fewer crowds.
- Can I easily find accommodations in Alexandria, and should I book in advance? Accommodations in Alexandria are readily available, but it’s a good idea to book in advance, especially during the peak tourist season or if you have specific preferences for your stay.