The Pyramids of Giza, a marvel of ancient engineering and a symbol of Egypt’s rich history, have captivated the world for centuries. A tour inside these monumental structures offers a unique opportunity to journey back in time, exploring the secrets, architecture, and significance of these iconic tombs. Join us on this virtual adventure as we uncover what a tour inside the Pyramids of Giza has in store for the curious traveler.
Recommended Tours Inside Pyramids
Discover the iconic Giza Pyramids and Sphinx in style with our exclusive half-day private tour. Explore the world-famous archaeological treasures of Egypt, all while enjoying personalized attention from your own dedicated guide. Delve into the history, culture, and legends that surround these incredible monuments View Tour Details
Uncover the mysteries of Egypt’s ancient past on this full-day tour that combines two of the country’s most iconic attractions. Our Grand Egyptian Museum & Pyramids of Giza Tour promises a mesmerizing blend of history, culture, and adventure. From the world-famous Pyramids of Giza to the unparalleled treasures at the Grand Egyptian Museum, this excursion is a must-do for history enthusiasts and avid explorers View Tour Details
Our Pyramids of Giza Tour is your gateway to the enigmatic world of ancient Egypt. Explore the legendary Pyramids of Giza, the Great Sphinx, and soak in the aura of this mystical land. Immerse yourself in history, culture, and architectural wonders that have captivated the world for centuries View Tour Details
Our Pyramids of Giza and the Egyptian Museum Trip is a comprehensive adventure that transports you through the ages. Explore the awe-inspiring Pyramids, meet the enigmatic Sphinx, and then journey into the heart of Egypt’s history at the Grand Egyptian Museum. This one-day tour promises an unforgettable cultural experience View Tour Details
Our Camel Ride Around The Pyramids is a remarkable journey that allows you to witness the world-famous Pyramids of Giza from a perspective like no other. As you glide along the desert on a camel’s back, you’ll feel the magic of ancient Egypt come to life View Tour Details
Our Giza Pyramids, Memphis, and Sakkara Day Trip is a captivating journey into the heart of Egypt’s historical heritage. In a single day, you’ll explore iconic landmarks, including the Giza Pyramids, the ancient city of Memphis, and the Step Pyramid of Djoser in Sakkara View Tour Details
Our Sound and Light Show at the Giza Pyramids is an enchanting evening experience that transports you through Egypt’s history and the mysteries of the Pyramids. As the night falls, a symphony of lights and storytelling reveals the secrets of the ancient wonders View Tour Details
Our Desert Safari by Quad Bike Around Pyramids offers an unforgettable opportunity to explore the mesmerizing Egyptian desert surrounding the iconic Pyramids of Giza. On a quad bike, you’ll race through the sands, reveling in the stunning scenery and capturing breathtaking moments View Tour Details
Discover the wonders of Cairo, Giza, and the Egyptian Museum on our full-day tour from Alexandria. This carefully crafted itinerary combines the awe-inspiring Giza Pyramids, the enigmatic Sphinx, and the world-renowned Egyptian Museum for an immersive experience in Egyptian history and culture. Led by expert guides, this tour promises a journey through time, showcasing the iconic landmarks that have fascinated travelers for centuries View Tour Details
Our overnight tour takes you on a captivating adventure, exploring the ancient treasures of Cairo, including the iconic Great Pyramid and the world-renowned Egyptian Museum. With the convenience of an overnight stay, expert guides, and the option for customizations, this tour offers an immersive and hassle-free experience View Tour Details
Traveler’s Guide: Read This Before You Embark on Your Trip
- Footwear Comfort: Ensure you wear comfortable shoes, as you’ll be doing a lot of walking and exploring.
- Local SIM Card: Consider purchasing a local SIM card for convenient and affordable access to mobile data and calls.
- Currency: Carry some Egyptian pounds as the local currency, which will be widely accepted in most places.
- Basic Arabic Phrases: Learning a few Arabic phrases like “Shokran” (Thank you) and “Mn Fadlak” (Please) can go a long way in communication and showing respect to the local culture.
- Culinary Adventures: Don’t miss out on trying traditional Egyptian dishes like Ful and Ta’meya, which are both delicious and a cultural experience.
- Stay Hydrated: It’s important to stay hydrated, especially during the scorching summer months. Carry a water bottle with you.
- Weekend Days: Note that the weekend in Egypt is on Friday and Saturday, so plan your activities and visits accordingly.
- Metro Travel: The Cairo Metro is one of the quickest and most cost-effective ways to get around the city, so consider using it for transportation.
- Tour Guide: Having a knowledgeable tour guide can enhance your experience in Egypt, as they can provide insights into the history and culture of the places you visit.
- Pyramids of Giza and the Sphinx: Explore the iconic Pyramids of Giza, including the Great Pyramid, and visit the enigmatic Sphinx nearby.
- Khan El Khalili Bazaar: Shop for souvenirs and immerse yourself in the vibrant atmosphere of the Khan El Khalili Bazaar in Old Cairo.
- Islamic & Coptic Attractions: Experience the rich history and spirituality of Old Cairo by visiting its Islamic and Coptic attractions, including mosques and churches.
- Luxor’s Majestic Temples & Tombs: Witness the grandeur of Luxor by exploring its magnificent temples like Karnak and Luxor Temple, as well as the Valley of the Kings and Queens.
- Egyptian Museum: Rediscover Egypt’s fascinating history at the Egyptian Museum in Cairo, home to countless ancient artifacts, including Tutankhamun’s treasures.
- Philae and Abu Simbel Temples: Visit the stunning temples of Philae in Aswan and the colossal Abu Simbel temples, known for their incredible architecture and history.
- Nile Cruise: Take a picturesque Nile Cruise from Luxor to Aswan, or the reverse journey, to witness the beauty of the Nile River and explore historical sites along the way.
- Egyptian Oases: Discover the natural allure of Egyptian oases like Siwa and Bahariya, where you can experience a tranquil desert landscape and unique culture.
- Red Sea Adventures: Enjoy water activities like swimming, diving, and snorkeling in resort cities along the Red Sea, such as Hurghada and Sharm El Sheikh, known for their beautiful coral reefs and marine life.
Tour Inside Pyramids FAQs
- Can I go inside all the pyramids in Egypt? No, you cannot go inside all pyramids in Egypt. The most famous pyramid that is open to the public for interior exploration is the Great Pyramid of Giza. Some smaller pyramids may be accessible, but many are closed to visitors.
- Which pyramid should I visit for an interior tour? The Great Pyramid of Giza is the most popular pyramid for interior tours. It is also the largest and most iconic pyramid. Inside, you can explore its chambers and passageways.
- What can I see inside the Great Pyramid? Inside the Great Pyramid, you can visit the King’s Chamber and the Queen’s Chamber. The King’s Chamber contains a red granite sarcophagus, while the Queen’s Chamber is smaller and less ornate. You can also explore the Grand Gallery, which is a sloping hallway with a stunning architectural design.
- Are there restrictions on who can enter the pyramids? There are some restrictions on who can enter the pyramids. Visitors with respiratory issues, mobility challenges, or young children may face limitations. Pregnant women and people with claustrophobia may not be advised to enter the pyramids due to tight passageways and low ceilings.
- Is there an additional fee to enter the pyramids? Yes, there is an additional fee to enter the pyramids, over and above the general admission fee for the Giza Plateau. Prices may vary, so it’s a good idea to check the latest ticket prices before your visit.
- Are there age restrictions for entering the pyramids? There may be age restrictions for entering the pyramids. Children below a certain age (often around 6 years old) may not be allowed inside due to safety concerns.
- What should I wear when touring the pyramids? It’s recommended to wear comfortable and modest clothing. Egypt can be hot, so light and breathable fabrics are advisable. Sensible footwear is essential as you’ll be walking and climbing inside the pyramids. Additionally, it’s a good idea to wear a hat, sunscreen, and sunglasses, especially if you plan to explore the Giza Plateau.