Explore the coastal gem of Alexandria from Cairo in a day! Our Alexandria Day Tour from Cairo offers a captivating journey to this historic city, allowing you to discover its ancient wonders and modern charm. Book now for instant confirmation and embark on a seamless adventure.
Embark on a thrilling day trip from Cairo to Alexandria, the enchanting coastal city known for its rich history and stunning Mediterranean views. Our Alexandria Day Tour is thoughtfully designed to provide a glimpse of Alexandria’s diverse heritage, blending ancient wonders with contemporary beauty.
Highlights of the Tour:
- Qaitbay Citadel: Visit this majestic fortress built on the site of the ancient Lighthouse of Alexandria, offering breathtaking views of the Mediterranean Sea.
- Montaza Palace: Explore the royal gardens of Montaza Palace, once a summer retreat for Egyptian royalty, and revel in the lush beauty of the surroundings.
- Catacombs of Kom El Shoqafa: Descend into the fascinating catacombs, an eerie but intriguing burial site showcasing the fusion of Egyptian, Greek, and Roman art.
- Pompey’s Pillar: Marvel at the towering column, a testament to the grandeur of ancient Alexandria, erected in honor of the Roman Emperor Diocletian.
- Alexandria Library: Immerse yourself in the modern wonders of the Bibliotheca Alexandrina, a symbolic reincarnation of the historic Great Library of Alexandria.
- Expert-guided tour for a comprehensive experience.
- Hassle-free transportation from Cairo to Alexandria.
- Instant confirmation and online booking for convenience.
- A well-structured itinerary covering Alexandria’s key attractions.
- Optional customizable pick-up time to cater to your schedule.
6:00 AM: Pick-up from your hotel in Cairo
8:00 AM: Arrive in Alexandria and visit Qaitbay Citadel
10:00 AM: Explore Montaza Palace and its lush gardens
12:00 PM: Lunch at a local restaurant
1:30 PM: Descend into the Catacombs of Kom El Shoqafa
3:30 PM: Visit Pompey’s Pillar
4:30 PM: Discover the modern marvels of the Alexandria Library
6:00 PM: Depart from Alexandria and return to Cairo
8:00 PM: Drop-off at your hotel in Cairo
- Round-trip transportation from Cairo in a comfortable air-conditioned vehicle
- Professional English-speaking guide
- Entrance fees to attractions
- Lunch at a local restaurant
- Bottled water during the tour
- Gratuities for your guide and driver
- Personal expenses
- Additional activities not mentioned in the itinerary
|Single||2- 3 Persons||4-6 Persons||7-10 Persons|
|120 $||75 $||70 $||65 $|
Tips and Advice for Travelers:
- Dress comfortably and wear appropriate footwear for walking.
- Bring a hat, sunscreen, and sunglasses for sun protection.
- Have some local currency on hand for small purchases and tipping.
- Stay hydrated throughout the tour, particularly during hot months.
- Follow your guide’s instructions for a safe and enjoyable experience.
- This tour operates daily.
- The order of the itinerary may change to optimize your experience.
- Customizable pick-up times can be arranged with advance notice.
- Is this tour suitable for children? Yes, it is family-friendly, and we offer discounted rates for children under 12.
- Is lunch included in the tour price? Yes, lunch at a local restaurant is included.
- Can I book this tour for a different pick-up time? Yes, we offer customizable pick-up times to fit your schedule. Please inform us in advance.
- Do I need to bring my passport? It’s advisable to carry identification, but a passport is not required for this tour.
- Is this tour wheelchair accessible? Some sites may have limited accessibility. Please contact us for specific accessibility concerns.
Traveler’s Guide: Read This Before You Embark on Your Trip
- Footwear Comfort: Ensure you wear comfortable shoes, as you’ll be doing a lot of walking and exploring.
- Local SIM Card: Consider purchasing a local SIM card for convenient and affordable access to mobile data and calls.
- Currency: Carry some Egyptian pounds as the local currency, which will be widely accepted in most places.
- Basic Arabic Phrases: Learning a few Arabic phrases like “Shokran” (Thank you) and “Mn Fadlak” (Please) can go a long way in communication and showing respect to the local culture.
- Culinary Adventures: Don’t miss out on trying traditional Egyptian dishes like Ful and Ta’meya, which are both delicious and a cultural experience.
- Stay Hydrated: It’s important to stay hydrated, especially during the scorching summer months. Carry a water bottle with you.
- Weekend Days: Note that the weekend in Egypt is on Friday and Saturday, so plan your activities and visits accordingly.
- Metro Travel: The Cairo Metro is one of the quickest and most cost-effective ways to get around the city, so consider using it for transportation.
- Tour Guide: Having a knowledgeable tour guide can enhance your experience in Egypt, as they can provide insights into the history and culture of the places you visit.
- Pyramids of Giza and the Sphinx: Explore the iconic Pyramids of Giza, including the Great Pyramid, and visit the enigmatic Sphinx nearby.
- Khan El Khalili Bazaar: Shop for souvenirs and immerse yourself in the vibrant atmosphere of the Khan El Khalili Bazaar in Old Cairo.
- Islamic & Coptic Attractions: Experience the rich history and spirituality of Old Cairo by visiting its Islamic and Coptic attractions, including mosques and churches.
- Luxor’s Majestic Temples & Tombs: Witness the grandeur of Luxor by exploring its magnificent temples like Karnak and Luxor Temple, as well as the Valley of the Kings and Queens.
- Egyptian Museum: Rediscover Egypt’s fascinating history at the Egyptian Museum in Cairo, home to countless ancient artifacts, including Tutankhamun’s treasures.
- Philae and Abu Simbel Temples: Visit the stunning temples of Philae in Aswan and the colossal Abu Simbel temples, known for their incredible architecture and history.
- Nile Cruise: Take a picturesque Nile Cruise from Luxor to Aswan, or the reverse journey, to witness the beauty of the Nile River and explore historical sites along the way.
- Egyptian Oases: Discover the natural allure of Egyptian oases like Siwa and Bahariya, where you can experience a tranquil desert landscape and unique culture.
- Red Sea Adventures: Enjoy water activities like swimming, diving, and snorkeling in resort cities along the Red Sea, such as Hurghada and Sharm El Sheikh, known for their beautiful coral reefs and marine life.