Dive into history with our Full-Day Historical Alexandria Tour from Cairo. Explore the ancient wonders of Alexandria, from the Great Library to the Catacombs, and experience a journey through time. Book now for instant confirmation and a day filled with historical treasures.
Embark on a captivating journey from Cairo to Alexandria and immerse yourself in the rich historical tapestry of this iconic city. Our Full-Day Historical Alexandria Tour is your gateway to the past, offering a comprehensive exploration of the city’s most significant historical sites.
Highlights of the Tour:
- Bibliotheca Alexandrina (Alexandria Library): Visit the modern reincarnation of the legendary Great Library of Alexandria, a hub of knowledge and culture.
- Catacombs of Kom El Shoqafa: Descend into this fascinating burial site, known for its fusion of Egyptian, Greek, and Roman art.
- Pompey’s Pillar: Marvel at the colossal column erected in honor of the Roman Emperor Diocletian, standing as a testament to Alexandria’s grandeur.
- Montaza Palace Gardens: Stroll through the royal gardens of Montaza Palace, once a retreat for Egyptian royalty, and enjoy the lush beauty.
- Qaitbay Citadel: Explore the historic citadel overlooking the Mediterranean Sea, built on the site of the ancient Lighthouse of Alexandria.
- Expert-guided tour for a comprehensive and informative experience.
- Hassle-free transportation from Cairo to Alexandria.
- Instant confirmation and online booking for convenience.
- A well-structured itinerary covering Alexandria’s key historical attractions.
- Optional customizable pick-up time for flexibility.
6:00 AM: Pick-up from your hotel in Cairo
8:00 AM: Visit Bibliotheca Alexandrina (Alexandria Library)
10:00 AM: Explore the Catacombs of Kom El Shoqafa
12:00 PM: Lunch at a local restaurant
1:30 PM: Visit Pompey’s Pillar
3:00 PM: Stroll through Montaza Palace Gardens
4:30 PM: Explore Qaitbay Citadel
6:00 PM: Depart from Alexandria and return to Cairo
8:00 PM: Drop-off at your hotel in Cairo
- Round-trip transportation from Cairo in a comfortable air-conditioned vehicle
- Professional English-speaking guide
- Entrance fees to attractions
- Lunch at a local restaurant
- Bottled water during the tour
- Gratuities for your guide and driver
- Personal expenses
- Additional activities not mentioned in the itinerary
- Adults: $95 per person
- Children (3-12 years): $75 per person
- Infants (0-2 years): Free
Tips and Advice for Travelers:
- Dress comfortably and wear suitable walking shoes.
- Bring sunscreen, a hat, and sunglasses for sun protection.
- Carry local currency for small purchases and tipping.
- Stay hydrated throughout the tour.
- Customize your pick-up time to fit your schedule with prior notice.
- This tour operates daily.
- The order of the itinerary may change for an optimal experience.
- Is this tour suitable for children? Yes, it is family-friendly, and we offer discounted rates for children under 12.
- Is lunch included in the tour price? Yes, lunch at a local restaurant is included.
- Do I need to bring my passport? It’s advisable to carry identification, but a passport is not required for this tour.
- Is this tour wheelchair accessible? Some sites may have limited accessibility. Please contact us for specific accessibility concerns.
Traveler’s Guide: Read This Before You Embark on Your Trip
- Footwear Comfort: Ensure you wear comfortable shoes, as you’ll be doing a lot of walking and exploring.
- Local SIM Card: Consider purchasing a local SIM card for convenient and affordable access to mobile data and calls.
- Currency: Carry some Egyptian pounds as the local currency, which will be widely accepted in most places.
- Basic Arabic Phrases: Learning a few Arabic phrases like “Shokran” (Thank you) and “Mn Fadlak” (Please) can go a long way in communication and showing respect to the local culture.
- Culinary Adventures: Don’t miss out on trying traditional Egyptian dishes like Ful and Ta’meya, which are both delicious and a cultural experience.
- Stay Hydrated: It’s important to stay hydrated, especially during the scorching summer months. Carry a water bottle with you.
- Weekend Days: Note that the weekend in Egypt is on Friday and Saturday, so plan your activities and visits accordingly.
- Metro Travel: The Cairo Metro is one of the quickest and most cost-effective ways to get around the city, so consider using it for transportation.
- Tour Guide: Having a knowledgeable tour guide can enhance your experience in Egypt, as they can provide insights into the history and culture of the places you visit.
- Pyramids of Giza and the Sphinx: Explore the iconic Pyramids of Giza, including the Great Pyramid, and visit the enigmatic Sphinx nearby.
- Khan El Khalili Bazaar: Shop for souvenirs and immerse yourself in the vibrant atmosphere of the Khan El Khalili Bazaar in Old Cairo.
- Islamic & Coptic Attractions: Experience the rich history and spirituality of Old Cairo by visiting its Islamic and Coptic attractions, including mosques and churches.
- Luxor’s Majestic Temples & Tombs: Witness the grandeur of Luxor by exploring its magnificent temples like Karnak and Luxor Temple, as well as the Valley of the Kings and Queens.
- Egyptian Museum: Rediscover Egypt’s fascinating history at the Egyptian Museum in Cairo, home to countless ancient artifacts, including Tutankhamun’s treasures.
- Philae and Abu Simbel Temples: Visit the stunning temples of Philae in Aswan and the colossal Abu Simbel temples, known for their incredible architecture and history.
- Nile Cruise: Take a picturesque Nile Cruise from Luxor to Aswan, or the reverse journey, to witness the beauty of the Nile River and explore historical sites along the way.
- Egyptian Oases: Discover the natural allure of Egyptian oases like Siwa and Bahariya, where you can experience a tranquil desert landscape and unique culture.
- Red Sea Adventures: Enjoy water activities like swimming, diving, and snorkeling in resort cities along the Red Sea, such as Hurghada and Sharm El Sheikh, known for their beautiful coral reefs and marine life.