Dive into the treasures of Alexandria in just half a day! Our Alexandria Half-Day Tour offers a whirlwind journey through this historic city, showcasing its captivating past and vibrant present. Book now for instant confirmation and embark on a compact yet enchanting adventure.
Discover Alexandria’s rich history and cultural splendor on our Half-Day Tour. This condensed exploration allows you to experience the city’s most iconic sites without committing to a full-day excursion. Ideal for travelers with limited time, this tour offers a snapshot of Alexandria’s unique heritage.
Highlights of the Tour:
- Qaitbay Citadel: Explore the majestic fortress with stunning views of the Mediterranean Sea, built on the site of the ancient Lighthouse of Alexandria.
- Montaza Palace Gardens: Stroll through the lush gardens of Montaza Palace, once a royal retreat, and savor the tranquil beauty of the surroundings.
- Catacombs of Kom El Shoqafa: Descend into the eerie yet fascinating catacombs, a testament to the melding of Egyptian, Greek, and Roman art.
- Expert-guided tour for a focused experience.
- Hassle-free transportation within Alexandria.
- Instant confirmation and online booking for convenience.
- Compact itinerary covering Alexandria’s key attractions.
- Optional customizable pick-up time for your convenience.
8:00 AM: Pick-up from your hotel in Alexandria
9:00 AM: Visit Qaitbay Citadel and enjoy the Mediterranean views
11:00 AM: Explore the Montaza Palace Gardens
12:00 PM: Drop-off at your hotel in Alexandria or another preferred location within the city
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off within Alexandria
- Professional English-speaking guide
- Entrance fees to attractions
- Bottled water during the tour
- Gratuities for your guide
- Personal expenses
- Additional activities not mentioned in the itinerary
|Single||2- 3 Persons||4-6 Persons||7-10 Persons|
|70 $||55 $||50 $||45 $|
Tips and Advice for Travelers:
- Dress comfortably for walking and consider sunscreen and a hat for sun protection.
- Keep local currency on hand for small purchases and tipping.
- Stay hydrated throughout the tour, especially on hot days.
- Customize your pick-up time to suit your schedule with prior notice.
- This tour operates daily.
- The order of the itinerary may change for optimal timing and experience.
- Is this tour suitable for children? Yes, it is family-friendly, and we offer discounted rates for children under 12.
- Do I need to bring my passport? It’s advisable to carry identification, but a passport is not required for this tour.
- Is this tour wheelchair accessible? Some sites may have limited accessibility. Please contact us for specific accessibility concerns.
Traveler’s Guide: Read This Before You Embark on Your Trip
- Footwear Comfort: Ensure you wear comfortable shoes, as you’ll be doing a lot of walking and exploring.
- Local SIM Card: Consider purchasing a local SIM card for convenient and affordable access to mobile data and calls.
- Currency: Carry some Egyptian pounds as the local currency, which will be widely accepted in most places.
- Basic Arabic Phrases: Learning a few Arabic phrases like “Shokran” (Thank you) and “Mn Fadlak” (Please) can go a long way in communication and showing respect to the local culture.
- Culinary Adventures: Don’t miss out on trying traditional Egyptian dishes like Ful and Ta’meya, which are both delicious and a cultural experience.
- Stay Hydrated: It’s important to stay hydrated, especially during the scorching summer months. Carry a water bottle with you.
- Weekend Days: Note that the weekend in Egypt is on Friday and Saturday, so plan your activities and visits accordingly.
- Metro Travel: The Cairo Metro is one of the quickest and most cost-effective ways to get around the city, so consider using it for transportation.
- Tour Guide: Having a knowledgeable tour guide can enhance your experience in Egypt, as they can provide insights into the history and culture of the places you visit.
- Pyramids of Giza and the Sphinx: Explore the iconic Pyramids of Giza, including the Great Pyramid, and visit the enigmatic Sphinx nearby.
- Khan El Khalili Bazaar: Shop for souvenirs and immerse yourself in the vibrant atmosphere of the Khan El Khalili Bazaar in Old Cairo.
- Islamic & Coptic Attractions: Experience the rich history and spirituality of Old Cairo by visiting its Islamic and Coptic attractions, including mosques and churches.
- Luxor’s Majestic Temples & Tombs: Witness the grandeur of Luxor by exploring its magnificent temples like Karnak and Luxor Temple, as well as the Valley of the Kings and Queens.
- Egyptian Museum: Rediscover Egypt’s fascinating history at the Egyptian Museum in Cairo, home to countless ancient artifacts, including Tutankhamun’s treasures.
- Philae and Abu Simbel Temples: Visit the stunning temples of Philae in Aswan and the colossal Abu Simbel temples, known for their incredible architecture and history.
- Nile Cruise: Take a picturesque Nile Cruise from Luxor to Aswan, or the reverse journey, to witness the beauty of the Nile River and explore historical sites along the way.
- Egyptian Oases: Discover the natural allure of Egyptian oases like Siwa and Bahariya, where you can experience a tranquil desert landscape and unique culture.
- Red Sea Adventures: Enjoy water activities like swimming, diving, and snorkeling in resort cities along the Red Sea, such as Hurghada and Sharm El Sheikh, known for their beautiful coral reefs and marine life.