Embark on a delectable journey through Cairo’s culinary treasures with our Cairo Food Tour. Indulge in the mouthwatering delights of Egypt, from traditional street food to sumptuous local dishes. Uncover the essence of Egyptian cuisine and create unforgettable food memories. Book now to satisfy your taste buds in the heart of Cairo!
The Cairo Food Tour is a gastronomic adventure that invites you to explore the vibrant food culture of Cairo. From street food stalls to local eateries, this tour offers a flavorful experience that will take you on a culinary journey through Egypt’s rich and diverse cuisine.
Highlights of the Tour:
- Street Food Extravaganza: Sample an array of street food, from koshari to falafel, in the bustling markets of Cairo.
- Local Eateries: Enjoy traditional Egyptian dishes at authentic restaurants known for their culinary excellence.
- Sweet Treats: Savor delicious desserts and sweets, such as baklava and kunafa.
- Cultural Insights: Learn about the history and significance of Egyptian cuisine from our knowledgeable guides.
- Exclusive Culinary Experience: Explore the best-kept food secrets of Cairo that many tourists miss.
- Expert Guidance: Our local guides share their insights into the city’s food culture and culinary traditions.
- Effortless Booking: Secure your spot with ease and receive instant confirmation.
- Small Group Experience: Enjoy a more intimate and immersive food adventure.
- All-Inclusive: Transportation, food, and culinary delights are included.
- Pickup from your Cairo or Giza hotel.
- Start with a street food tasting experience.
- Visit local eateries to enjoy traditional Egyptian dishes.
- Savor delicious desserts and sweets.
- Return to your hotel or preferred location.
- Professional, English-speaking guide.
- Hotel pickup and drop-off in Cairo or Giza.
- Transportation between food destinations.
- All food and drink tastings.
- Refreshments (bottled water and snacks).
- Gratuities (optional).
- Personal food or beverage expenses beyond the tour inclusions.
|Single||2- 3 Persons||4- 6 Persons||7- 10 Persons|
|Prices||80 $||60 $||55 $||50 $|
Tips and Advice for Foodies:
- Come with an appetite; you’ll be sampling a variety of delicious dishes.
- Be open to trying new flavors and dishes that are unique to Egyptian cuisine.
- Dress comfortably and wear walking shoes.
- Respect local customs and regulations when dining at local eateries.
- Inform your guide of any dietary restrictions or allergies before the tour.
- Can I request specific dishes during the tour? While the tour has a set itinerary, your guide can provide information and suggestions based on your preferences.
- Are drinks included in the tour price? Yes, the tour includes beverages to accompany your food tastings.
- Is this tour suitable for children? Absolutely! This tour is family-friendly, and children can enjoy the culinary delights of Egypt.
- Should I tip the guide? Tipping is optional but appreciated. If you’ve had a fantastic food experience, consider showing your gratitude.
Traveler’s Guide: Read This Before You Embark on Your Trip
- Footwear Comfort: Ensure you wear comfortable shoes, as you’ll be doing a lot of walking and exploring.
- Local SIM Card: Consider purchasing a local SIM card for convenient and affordable access to mobile data and calls.
- Currency: Carry some Egyptian pounds as the local currency, which will be widely accepted in most places.
- Basic Arabic Phrases: Learning a few Arabic phrases like “Shokran” (Thank you) and “Mn Fadlak” (Please) can go a long way in communication and showing respect to the local culture.
- Culinary Adventures: Don’t miss out on trying traditional Egyptian dishes like Ful and Ta’meya, which are both delicious and a cultural experience.
- Stay Hydrated: It’s important to stay hydrated, especially during the scorching summer months. Carry a water bottle with you.
- Weekend Days: Note that the weekend in Egypt is on Friday and Saturday, so plan your activities and visits accordingly.
- Metro Travel: The Cairo Metro is one of the quickest and most cost-effective ways to get around the city, so consider using it for transportation.
- Tour Guide: Having a knowledgeable tour guide can enhance your experience in Egypt, as they can provide insights into the history and culture of the places you visit.
- Pyramids of Giza and the Sphinx: Explore the iconic Pyramids of Giza, including the Great Pyramid, and visit the enigmatic Sphinx nearby.
- Khan El Khalili Bazaar: Shop for souvenirs and immerse yourself in the vibrant atmosphere of the Khan El Khalili Bazaar in Old Cairo.
- Islamic & Coptic Attractions: Experience the rich history and spirituality of Old Cairo by visiting its Islamic and Coptic attractions, including mosques and churches.
- Luxor’s Majestic Temples & Tombs: Witness the grandeur of Luxor by exploring its magnificent temples like Karnak and Luxor Temple, as well as the Valley of the Kings and Queens.
- Egyptian Museum: Rediscover Egypt’s fascinating history at the Egyptian Museum in Cairo, home to countless ancient artifacts, including Tutankhamun’s treasures.
- Philae and Abu Simbel Temples: Visit the stunning temples of Philae in Aswan and the colossal Abu Simbel temples, known for their incredible architecture and history.
- Nile Cruise: Take a picturesque Nile Cruise from Luxor to Aswan, or the reverse journey, to witness the beauty of the Nile River and explore historical sites along the way.
- Egyptian Oases: Discover the natural allure of Egyptian oases like Siwa and Bahariya, where you can experience a tranquil desert landscape and unique culture.
- Red Sea Adventures: Enjoy water activities like swimming, diving, and snorkeling in resort cities along the Red Sea, such as Hurghada and Sharm El Sheikh, known for their beautiful coral reefs and marine life.